Notice Of County Conference
When: Saturday 1st February
Time: 10.00 – 14:00
Where: Benson Parish Hall
Parking: Public Car park (free) adjacent to the Hall
Please advise if disabled parking is needed
Sandwich Lunch after the Conference
Attending Standards from 9.30 please
It is believed that the choice of venue allows for good parking, height for a parade of Standards, and the time also permits the Rugby enthusiasts to view the matches after the Conference.
We would love to see as many branch members as wish to come – the Conference is open to all members.
As ever the County Committee are seeking members willing to serve on the Committee. Please enquire of your members if they might consider serving on this committee – further details from Kevin Tobin, County MSO
Duties are not onerous and are acting as the management committee for the County – 6 evening meetings per year lasting 2 hours.
The Royal British Legion
Oxfordshire County Annual County Conference
Benson Parish Hall, Sunnyside, Benson, Wallingford, OX10 6LZ
Saturday 1st February 2020 10am for 10.30am
- Processional: The County Standard and Branch Standards will be paraded into the Hall and the County Standard brought before the President.
- Exhortation. (President)
Last Post. 2 Minutes Silence. Reveille.
Kohima Epitaph (President)
- National Anthem.
- Welcome: The County Chairman will welcome the invited guests and delegates to the 95th Annual Conference.
- HM Deputy Lord Lieutenant Oxfordshire. Lynda Atkins.
- Reply and Presidential Address (President)
- Apologies for Absence. MSO Kevin Tobin
- Appointment of Scrutineers. (If motions submitted to conference.)
- Adoption of Standing Orders – National.
- Minutes of the RBL County Conference held on 2nd February 2019.
- Matters arising from the minutes.
- County Plan.
- County Chairman’s Report 2020.
- Elections for County Chair.
- Elections for County Committee.
- Election of Delegate to National Conference.
- Presentation of Accounts for 2018/2019 Mr Andrew Bowes County Treasurer.
- Guest Speaker: Ms Denise Edgar Trustee RBL.
- Speaker: Ms Pat Chadwick RBL Area Manager SE Midlands.
- County FCR Report.
- Any Other Business.
- Presentation of Awards and Trophies.
- Date and Venue of 96th Conference 2021.
- Vote of Thanks.
- County Standard Bearer. “Charging” of the County Standard.
- Close Conference.